PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2011, 18:25
Cruise Zombie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry MIKEHOTEL152 but did you see the several airprox reports I filed, and the couple a colleague filed two weeks ago, oh and the three that another of our captains put in ? No ? Well they are all in a file next to each RYR wall in each base, aren't they ? Cleaners must have moved them I guess.

OK MH152, I apologize for the sarcasm but we really are all in this together and I am only interested in safety.

Some years ago we took a young air traffic controller on the jumpseat of our F27 flying Humberside to STN. He had never been on a jumpseat before. He was astonished that he couldn't see any of the traffic that his chums in the tower were reporting to us, even through it was a crystal clear day and we heading away from the sun. We were astonished that he was astonished. He said that it was virtually impossible to see light aircraft below the horizon and we were surprised that he didn't know this.

The following RYR destinations/bases have no radar and/or require transit through uncontrolled airspace. How good is our lookout really ? Next time you operate into one of these airfields, watch your colleague carefully. Is he really looking out or just staring at the instruments. Remember a proper lookout requires moving the head not just looking forward.

ACE,AHO, AJA,ALC,AOC,BES,BIA, BLK,BOH,BRE,BVA,CCF,CFU,CHQ,CQM,CRL,CRM,CSO,CTA,DNR,DOL,EBU, EGC,EXT,FDH,FEZ,FMM,FSC,FUE,GRO,GRX,GRZ,HER,HUY,IBZ,ILD,INV, KGS,KLU,LCA,LCJ,LDE,LDY,LGG,LIG,LIL,LNZ, LPA,LRH,MBX,MJV,NDR,NQY,NRN,OUD,PDV,PFO,PGF,PIS,PUF,RAK,RDZ, REU,RHO,RJK,RYG,SUF,SVQ,SXB,SZG,TFN,TFS,TNG,TUF,VIE,VIT,VLC, VLL,VOL,XCR,ZQW

Remember guys all we need is one collision and the media vultures will be all over us. MOL and his cronies will still come out of it smelling of roses because their backs are covered ( pilot's fault ) and they are already filthy rich.

The memo about hard landings was from RC dated 22 December 2006.

If any pilot isn't shattered after a week of earlies, may I have some of your DNA. I think I got issued with a duff batch.