PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man dies after yobs stop air ambulance landing
Old 10th Sep 2011, 14:09
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is less crime and reoffending in Sweden because, unlike the UK, there has not been a total breakdown in morals and family values. Also, although Sweden has more than its fair share of immigrants from the third world, it applies a selective policy and tends to accept more educated people who will integrate, and are encouraged to do so, not the dross who are allowed into the UK, live in ghettos, and are the cause of a lot of crime.

I can't comment on your superior experience of the prison environment as I have no idea what it is, but then you have no idea of mine. My comment is based on what I've seen. I subscribe to the theory that prison should be punishment, and that the kid gloves approach and rehabilitation usually do not work on hardened criminals. But then I also believe in the death penalty for violent repeat criminals and you probably don't.

You and chopjock are correct about my inappropriate use of the word 'murderers'. That does not detract from the contention that deliberately endangering the lives of aircrew is a serious offence and should be treated accordingly. I hope it will be.