PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2011, 11:56
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playing devil's advocate on this one:

Double engine failure at CIA and aircraft going off the runways? It was widely reported in the press. I don't think the media miss a trick with FR.

Near misses? Hard landing memos? I haven't seen the reports or memos. People missing holes in the fusilage? I saw the pics - sheer incompetence by the flightcrew.

If flightcrew were based near their homes we would not have any fatigue issues because the roster patterns are good. Try the rosters at most other airlines! They have unstable rosters! We do more hours but sitting in the cockpit is not the draining part. I've done 500 hours since April 1st and if I'm tired it's because of commuting, not flying.

If FR have an accident in the near future - God forbid - it'll be something caused by inexperience on the flightdeck, rushing during a turnaround or inappropriate reliance on SOPs over airmanship.

Haven't we got more pressing issues than fatigue to be mad about in FR? Or put it another way: Would fatigue be an issue if pilots were otherwise happy with their jobs?