PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northcoast Aviation in PNG
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2002, 12:27
goilala mero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Chimbu I know where you are coming from I started in 1996 with Air Manubada on K9500 per year and the company held back K50 every fortnight as a bond and gave it back at the end of the 2 year contract ,Iwas flying 206's in the jungles,drinking SP at the aero club ,old yaght club,firehouse,areanas and a few other places that don't matter any more.
They paid for our house ,car and electricity I was allways broke but I had a ball and made the most of it because at the end of the day I was a 700 hr vfr pilot who needed a job to get that experience as I didnt have $90 000 (or whatever)to spend on a pilot course to sit in the right seat of an Otter.
Lake evil my advise to you wuold be if you are interested in NCA go up and have a look if you like what you see and think you could do it for a couple of years take it if its offered but if you don't like it then don't take it because there is nothing worse than listing to a pilot bitch and winge about a job that is only intended to give them a start anyway...

Beware of the Lae PO