PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle - Sydney Beaver service - is it running again?
Old 24th Oct 2002, 11:36
429 CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Capt. Nomad, how much time have/do you spend at Cottage Point? KMYC?

Okies, The Beaver you guys refer to...... it isn't the dark blue stretched DHC-2 on amphibs operated by a well respected ex-Darwin identity?

If not, might you have caught the rego VH-AQ? The aircraft (the one I'm referring to) was one of the fleet operated by Sydney Harbour Seaplanes, when there was an RPT run from Rose Bay to Newcastle wharf every weekday back in the nineties, and much charter to "lunchy" sort of places such as Cottage Point, Berowra, Pete's Bight etc, etc. After the tower came crashing down around him, our hero was reluctant to give-up the fight, so he carried-on regardless, no AOC or not......... Whoops, busted by CASA!

It is sad that a legacy of the Late Vic Walton ended that way after the "family" split.

Can anyone clear-up for me if it was Victor that went to Hammo (recent accident a/c?), and is it Uniform or Alpha that is still tied-up at Muskoka (and making the odd cameo appearance)? I'm just a tad removed from SY at the moment (OK, rather a long way removed), and love nothing better than a glassy water landing. Missing it terribly!

Ahhh, for the days of radial power, the snorting, backfiring and raw noise combining three of my passions - flying, boating and bluddy big engines!

Last edited by 429 CJ; 24th Oct 2002 at 11:44.