PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who has ceased trading in the last 2 years?
Old 9th Sep 2011, 15:45
No RYR for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many aircraft are "for sale" with no real need to sell except to fund an upgrade to a newer / bigger aircraft.
Wish it was true.. my take is that most aircraft that are semi for sale have owners not willing to take the loss and hence keeps it. I have 3 off market aircraft for sale with owners who would happily dispose of it if the bookvalue loss wasn't so huge.. Guess they are afraid to tell the missus that their toy turned out to be a weee bit more expensive

The more dead wood is cut out, the healthier the business will be post trimming.
You have been reading REAL business books again vanH... Not Business Aviation Business books There is no proper business model that will make this market healthy unless you are a TAG aviation or have been there long enough to have seen a number of bust and boom cycles

Of course the disadvantage is the planes do not disappear (fast enough) and so new cowboys will enter the fray....
Here you answer what has always happened: aircraft don't leave quick enough and the next generation of bizjet companies will be started by people who know better than old b@stards like us. They will tell us what we do wrong, that we need to increase untilisation, sell direct and cut costs. Have I mentioned internet tools to further improve sales yet? Or coffemachines onboard that would change the world