PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2011, 14:05
AMS flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's great news ! With two based aircraft, we have a small Lithuanian Airlines again. Maybe they can paint some small LT flags onto them :-) Seriously, the additional flights to LTN are very welcome, as the 6:30 departure is a bit inconvenient, and goes straight into the crazy arrivals mess at LTN in the morning. Now awaiting the answer from FR. We won't be unhappy here in BHX about a few more KUN flights, if that's possible. The reason that EIN has such a boom is of course its proximity to the German market. As soon as the German government drop their stupid tax, they will come back to NRN and also CGN. Surely EIN is throwing money at the airlines currently. I agree it's too many flights to EIN, DTM is a much better bet.
For sure the EIN statement is far from reality.... EIN doesn't gain at all from the German tax. EIN is situated in one of Europe's most populated areas but still 90km from the Dutch/German border. Whenever I visit EIN, I see a lot of Dutch and Belgium car plates but almost no German ones. I know that Wizzair didn't have lot of passengers in NRN, also before the German tax and therefore only BUD is left at NRN with 2 or 3 freqs per week. DTM is more than 150km away from EIN and doesn't have any influence on the EIN market or vice versa.

Wizzair's only destination in The Netherlands is EIN which is 110km from AMS, 100km from DUS and 120km from BRU. Because of it's central location it's for many airlines a very good low cost airport .