PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2011, 01:24
Sheps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there anybody awaiting a start date for training? I've only had a few emails in reply to some that I sent questioning for any start dates and was told provisionally either January or February (depending on the course) 2012. Has anyone else been given these dates?
Hi SALH

Sit tight, don't worry; I have not yet got start dates either. I was told at my interview that it would be unlikely to be before April 2012, and I haven't chased them yet. I had my interview at Hurn in March. That said if your schedule is running 3 months ahead of mine, I can understand your growing concerns... If you're desperate for dates so that you can begin planning relocation, leaving your current employment and so on, then perhaps try again if you don't hear anything soon. Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Does anyone else in the same position who is waiting to start training know if there is there anything we should be doing between now and the start of training too? It's brilliant achieving success through the selection process but I haven't been given any direction of what is to happen now that I've been offered the training, I feel like I don't have a clue what's going on!

I asked a couple of people during my interview day, college staff and the odd current student. All advised against doing anything in particular, suggesting that learning information out of the context of the college wouldn't make sense. To be honest, this did surprise me, but they were consistent! I have been reading a little online, the odd Flight International, the odd book etc. Actually one thing that was advised was to start saving, depending on what your current income is college could hit you hard, though for others it's not much difference. I'm more than prepared to stand corrected here, if somebody feels they have a wonderful experience/study suggestion to make!

Perhaps I'll see you next year... well done for getting through!

Is anyone else waiting to hear?