PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Constructive hr build
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2002, 07:34
Charlie Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Some of the suggestions here have been to obtain new ratings to your current licence. However I may have missed a point but you require another 50 hours PIC time? Not PUT time... IIRC it is a requirement for 150 hours total but 100 of these must be PIC.

Anyway some suggestions for the additional 50 hours P1 time.

Plan three leg cross countries, fly them accurately. Better still have someone else go along with you, get them to divert you and then get them to ask you to divert somewhere aka Skills Test. This will be extremely good practice for the CPL Skills Test.

Fly over to France, not just defacto Le Touquet but inland. Maybe the Channel Islands and Ireland as well? This will give you more knowledge and experience of overseas and international flying.

Gain some retractable / variable pitch prop time. This will make it easier for you on your CPL course.

Obtain a night rating, Okay I know that'll be an additional 3 hours PUT (plus any Instrument training they deem fit) but its more than worth it.

Ensure you carry out the 300nm cross country, landing at 2 airfields... etc etc....

If I think of any more suggestions then I'll post them.

Best wishes,

Richard.