PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lockheed Martin - this is for you - L-1011 New Generation
Old 8th Sep 2011, 20:20
glhcarl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only assume you are a failed pilot as you seem to have a big chip. I never said I was complaining about hand flying for 4 hours, infact, quite the reverse. I was simply commenting on how a such a superbly designed aircraft with triplex autopilot can have so many system failures at the same time. Yes of course taking all power off the aircraft for 20 seconds cured all the faults, but if my memory serves me well, it did say in small print on page 121 para 6.2.1.b) of the maintenance manual that it was not recommended to do this proceedure in flight. But of course I may be wrong.
The L-1011 has put food on my the table of me and my family for the last 42 years. I get a little up set when people that have little or no actual experience on or around the TriStar saying things that are simply not true!

Example:
Control wires ran along the side (not under the floor)
The L-1011 flight control cable run throught the cabin floor beams, under the cabin floor!

I started working on the L-1011 when s/n 1001 had no wings. I retired seventeen years after the last one was delivered. For over 20 years I supported them, assisting the airline maintenance and flight crews fix problems that they could not fix themselves.

Do I know everything about the L-1011, NO, but when I see someone making statments that are simply incorrect and I know what is correct I will continue to point it out.

If you look back through the PPRuNe archives you will see many times when I had to call 411A (may he RIP) on things he got wrong!