PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2011, 18:58
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it will be difficult to pay a mortgage and feed a family on an SO salary.

What you guys need to remember is that you are not going for a 'job interview' here - it is to obtain a place on their Cadet Pilot Program! Following successful completion of the training you 'may' be offered a 'job' as a Second Officer.

There may be a credible argument to say that for anyone who hasn't an airline background, the whole transition from SO to FO will be extremely challenging to say the least. By the time that moment comes the airline industry will be picking up and guys will surely be hired DEFO in front of you on a higher salary. One might argue that CX is just trying to lock in a few guys to an SO position for 6 years with little hope of shifting up the command ladder? Promotion will prove tricky without the skills and experience of medium/short haul if you ask me.....

If I had airline experience already then a position on a CPP would be furthest from my sights (would sit it out and wait for DEP to open again) but I guess it's all down to personal circumstances.

VFE.