PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CEP-Communication Ear Protection
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2011, 12:21
SKYWIZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Gallet fitted with ANR of which I have had a few issues with the ANR of late plus the standard issues of batteries going flat (always at the wrong time when you are fully hands on). Following some reviewing, I have decided to add a CEP kit to the existing ANR. From reviewing, it appears that this can be done meaning I can use both ANR & CEP, or one or the other. Benefit being for doors off operations where I find the high pressure changes from rotor downwash can distort and work the ANR overtime, sometimes making communication difficult. Being able to use CEP only will mean I still have good ear protection if ANR off and maintain excellent intercom/radio inteligence. I know some that simply use ordinary old ear plugs and turn up the master volume but I find the clarity of voice transmissions is reduced greatly. I am keen to see how this goes as don't know of anyone with both systems so will update post once I have tested and tried the CEP on the ANR... If anyone has already done this to an ANR system, keen to hear your thoughts?