Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2011, 11:20
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TOM winter 2011-2012

Jamesc909,

Looking at a week towards the end of last January, the TOM programme was thus, all on B 757s:

Monday
Sharm el Sheikh
Las Palmas

Tuesday
Tenerife

Wenesday
Fuerteventura
Luxor

Thursday
Arrecife
Sharm el Sheikh

Friday
Sharm el Sheikh
Tenerife

Saturday
Geneva (ski)
Chambery (ski)
Salzburg (ski) - middle of a 'w' scheduling
Verona (ski)
Sofia (ski)

Sunday
Toulouse (ski)
Turin (ski)
Malaga

I've not looked at the coming winter. What's missing from last winter - mainly Egypt flights?

I tend not to look in detail at forthcoming seasons (whether charter or scheduled) until they are about to start because carriers and tour companies can't always be relied on to operate everything they originally announced, therefore I don't know how the 2011-2012 ski season is shaping up, whether TOM or others.

Last winter there were 16 weekly ski charters - all at the weekend - with Thomson operating 7, Thomas Cook 4, Flybe 2, Balkan, Titan and Small Planet one each. Add in easyJet's 31 weekly ski destination rotations and, as in previous winters, the ski programme was exceptionally strong for an airport of Bristol's catchment size.

I suppose it illustrates the wealth and make-up of its leisure catchment though I would be surprised to see the coming winter quite as strong as last, having regard to the continuing pressures on pockets.