PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2011, 09:55
risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Marlim/Captain.weird

Thanks for the support guys...

Marlim, I must ask you of these financial implications you spoke about... That is if you can say or at least PM me...

Secondly, the next batch is starting in Dec/Jan 2011/2012... plus I reckon that you guys will be flying by 15th....yaaaaay!

AAA has about 80 students & I believe AA requires 139 pilots by 2015... so still some space...

The official course length is now 14 months which is good... and I believe just this month about 5 pilots handed in their resignations...

SOOO, not so bad aye?

Captain Weird; I did what you are doing... I went to a f*@#ing university instead of a flying school and became an ENGINEER.... which is great... but guess what... I can DESIGN aircraft... I can MAINTAIN aircraft, I can disassemble & assemble an aircraft... but what is the best part of aviation... FLYING... and guess what.... I can't fly... yes I CAN'T fly with my degree... it is surely getting me big monies, but that stupid worm up my backside is still bothering me & biting me every time I sit down & tell me to get up & fly!

Plus, I am a GEEK... so the fun part of an Engineering degree is designing... and guess what... given my nationality & my religion and so on... I can’t get a job in that sector because all those jobs are either in the US of the EU... both of which are IMPOSSIBLE to enter directly purely on the basis of your knowledge... so at the end I am stuck in the APU exhaust

So back to the point, if flying is what you really want, do it NOW or forever remain silent...... or you will end up like me a talkative old man

Anyhow, 0.5 million Dirhams is a lot & not easy to come up with... so I guess it really boils down to that doesn't it...

Trust me as time goes by, Pilots jobs will increase & demand will too... within the next 5 years will be a great time to be a pilot...

I will get back to work now