PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2011, 18:36
sawtooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's really worrying. I didn't believe earlier rumors that NOC were behind the current FR schedules. But either financial situation is poor enough to warrant limiting growth through awful schedules, or after a few good years NOC management are heading back to the bad old days.

I try to use NOC for all my travel, but for the last year I've had to use DUB more and more rather than lose 3 days downtime for a few hours business meeting due to in-frequency or late flight times. As I've said many times on this thread you can't even do a weekend trip to most of the current destinations and London ends up requiring a long weekend and back early on Sunday, the Monday morning offered some respite.

This is exactly the time NOC should be bending over backwards to facilitate a double daily or at least early morning schedule. GWYs well timed LTN services are gone, GWY/SXL/NOC PSO is gone, GWY airport may soon be gone, the opportunity is there to establish itself as viable option for anyone connecting or doing work in London.

Last edited by sawtooth; 7th Sep 2011 at 22:52.