PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wikileaks releases unredacted USA State Dept files....
Old 7th Sep 2011, 11:05
500N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jane-DoH

"In the UK copyright lobbyists asked the government to create means to swiftly block websites and streaming videos. While this was to prevent copyright infringement, this could easily adapted for so called "cyber security" to provide real-time censorship."

And the UK Gov't has no juristiction outside of the UK so if I wanted to infringe copyright, I'd host the server outside of the UK and mirror it on 10 other sites.

And once it is catalouged in Google and all the other search engines,
then it is very hard to get rid off.

"Keep in mind censorship doesn't have to be done with an army of people anymore, with advanced automation and complex computer algorithms the capability to censor information is exponentially increasing . It's only a matter of time before this capability is further developed and implemented."

As I said, I'd host the server outside of the UK and mirror it on 10 other sites.
They can take down one but they will never be able to take down all of them
as too many "pipes" into too many countries. China seems to be the only one that does it well by limiting the number of pipes into the country.

I think we will just agree to disagree.