PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough is enough
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2011, 07:42
usualguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monkeyflying is right,except there is no more job in Asia since 2008.Asia and south Asia is for asian people or lot of luck if you have 4000-6000h total+ type.Try in Hong Kong or Indonesia.

Sorry for my bad english, I will try to explian you a few things:

you can only be a FI if you have 700h dual(set by DCA).Still most schools are running out of cash and out of students.What I know is Asian schools got students in 2008, most have been unemployed since and passed the word.
80'000 euro for a training in Asia is very expensive for them and most have refused to be enrolled or didn't find any financial support.

I still don't understand how this market works where everybody ask for 500h on type, how do you change aircraft?do these airlines send you to other airlines and ask you to pay them to fly, then come back with your 500h?what's the point?if airline don't want you because you don't have the 500 magical hours on type , why someone else want you?.

This market is for top gun pilots with 5000h on type and still flying jet , they can be promoted captain in 1 year or less , or no experience at all.

We, the non top gun pilot with no much experience , who have been dumb enough to self sponsore in these "they neeeeeeed pilots" 'schools, regrettably we have discovered (after we've spent all our money) that there is no market for us unless you want go to africa at 500$ a month (if they pay the 20$ a day they own you, thank you guys to lower yourself))where they don't respect MTOW and maintenance, and you life expectation will be cut by 3.
Do you really think you will get a 320/737 job with your 2000 hours piston engine plane?

Try these islands between australia and US(pacific Islands), paid 6000$ a year or 20$ a day,( thank you guy to screw our life by lowering yourself) to carry tourists.

You make barely just enough to come back to see your girlfriend and your parents once a year and say you are a real well paid (uhuh!)professional pilot with plenty of single engine time (that nobody want when reaching 30-40 yo) but say to everybody with these hours thay you have a chance to fly a jet so your parents finally see it was a very good investment.

Now I will explain you why this aviation is screwed, specially the aviation in Europe.The LCC didn't screwed us, it's the system.
Take a EU guy (a guy like you, who has just enough cash and no rich parents), he needs to spend 100'000 euro in his commercial license, he get for his money 200h only and a cpl+14 ATP test.

In the other hand take a US, canadian, or an Australian pilot, he pays 3-4 times less than the JAA course, with the rest of the money left he can become a FI, or rent a plane and log plenty of hours for skydivers, banner towing, traffic watch,....

who do you think a company will hire? the canadian or US guys with practical experience and 1000h-3000h total , or a 200guy with 14 CAA "check the box" exams?

you decide but based on insurance requirement, I know a company will take the 3000hours guys insted of the 200h and his 14 CAA check the box exams.

This is why this system in Europe is not working and will never work for us in my point of view (I am realist, not a jet dreamers). Now if you say there are plenty of jobs in Saudia, India,...Well take these jobs and good luck to you, because it won't happen for EU pilots with no money like me and in a bad economic climate, don't think airlines will pay you a 320 rating + nice salary,...you will get nothing!

and to finish, when Europe has created the JAA license, job are only for EU people (exactly like in the USA with their FAA and green card ), India by example have decided to kick all foreigners out a few years ago, and you must be indian to get a job as a copilot there.
Indian people can not get job in europe, tell me why a EU guy can work in India?
We block them, they block us.

and to ad the cherry on the cake, we have now in europe the P2F scheme.P2F means you pay you fly, you don't pay you don't fly.
A copilot must pay the airline if he want work.
these P2F are prohibided in the 50 states of America , but totally legal in Europe.
Explain me?it seems to me rules are totally different and slavery is still legal in Europe.

Rant over, I think I have resume here all the problems we have in Europe!
Good luck to you to realize your dream, many will fail and then will come back totally broke on pprune to write things like: you have to try, I know a friend,(me too I know a friend who is at BA on 320,....)....

Last edited by usualguy; 9th Sep 2011 at 10:51.