PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates or FlyDubai
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2011, 07:11
BritishGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar dilema. I've cut this one up in as many ways that I can, and in my head Emirates has come on top everytime.

FD works for some, but it's forever changing. If you're a Captain and want to remain one then FD may be the best choice. If you're an FO under the age of 35 (being generous) then EK would be the better gig. Because it is the better gig. They have better health insurance, a provident fund, a pick up-drop off and the option of company housing. I didn't care about these things in the begining as I had a "show me the money" attitude. But now I realize that some of those 'perks' are worth their weight in gold. I don't know about you, but I hate driving home after a night Dhaka flight - so tired it's a fight to stay awke on the SZR!

Just wanted to add, that if you're a single guy, again EK is better. FD starts to feel like a 9-5 job after a while. You're forever running back and forth from the 'office' (airport). With EK, at least you may get a few decent overnights. Unless you have a reason to stay in Dubai a lot (eg Family), it might be nice to travel the globe a little, see some places, meet some women

Just my 2 cents worth.