PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2011, 05:04
risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Working professionals in UAE wanting a change

Right, so here we are in this country, some by birth & some because of a decision made by our parents & some by our own accords. A lot of us or our parents made that decision for a variety of reasons, but I reckon the most prominent of them all is finances.

So here we are (repeat)... because we can earn more than in our own countries. General rule of a place that you live in, including a small village, is that you become one of them. In fact that is a famous saying in Arabic & the stay period in the saying is a mere 40 days. Here, you are always a passenger... My point is that we have one & only aim, money, which will eventually lead us to good life (yes we forget that religion could do the same...but that is another discussion).

So my parents, well actually my dad (I come from a very traditional family) started to work at the age of 7, that too as a labourer... today he has kids that are highly educated in western countries & he still maintained his responsibilities as a traditional person (this part can only be understood by people who know).

All in all, he made something out of us, if not of himself, so that today we can sit on a cushy chair & reap the benefits of his hard work...

Sorry I am drifting, back to the point...

Today, I sit on that cushy chair, making him proud; giving him the feeling of security that I am there to back him up if need be.... but inside my very calm exterior is a brewing storm. I want to put everything that he worked hard for & I have accomplished on the line for a fluttering hope... to fly.

There are absolutely no guarantees that I will be lucky as the first time & i will lose everything... & like I started my post with... I will lose the reason why we are in this country... & my parents’ hard work...

If I was say in a western country... I would possibly have been naturalized within five years & if I had to take this risk at least there would be support for me... but not here. We are on our own.

Now I open this page every day, hoping that someone I know by the name of Marlim would post something that would be so amazingly eye opening that it would answer all my questions...like a God sent answer... Don’t get me wrong, Marlim is the MOST useful person on this forum; his posts are invaluable! But what I am referring to is those questions that you normally will ask God... "Is this right for me?., Will I make it?, If I make this decision will I work for a major airline in about 5 years?"

Anyhow, I don’t know why I am writing all this, but I guess I have been looking at this page & didn’t see anything change... so wanted to see a new post, even if it’s my own...

In essence, if any of you out there want to fly, DO IT EARLY! Don’t wait like me.... I wanted to make others happy, but what I have realised is that those people who you are trying to make happy by doing things they want..... Are actually asking you to do those things because they think that doing that will make you happy... see the circle??

So make yourself happy & they will become happy when they see you happy... just don’t go overboard... you know what I mean... don’t apply this rule to everything in life.... but to a few that are definite.

Signing off...