PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Engine reading
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2011, 22:39
john_tullamarine

Received 106 Likes on 69 Posts
a bit frail but he charms the girlfriend every time

Back in the earlier days, he was a very debonair and charming fellow. I don't recall his ever being naughty at all .. but I've no doubt that most of the girls in the cabin thought him to be a very desirable sort of chap .. at least that let the other chaps get on with the serious business of drinking on overnights rather than being distracted by the fairer lot in the back.

He was several years my senior on the list so we crewed together on the odd occasion on the 727, as I recall. An absolute gentleman along with being a good operator.

I had some involvement in the very early days of his theory training adventure so please do pass my fondest regards to him .. it should take him all of two seconds to put two and two together to figure out who I am. Like all of us, he wasn't perfect but, nonetheless, a fine chap.

in the local rag a year or so ago

I ran a search yesterday to see what might be on the net of recent vintage for him and came up with (I presume) that article. Apart from the odd wrinkle and being all grey now (as are we all), he has aged very well and looks very much like he did in the 80s .. the twinkle in the eye is still very evident.