PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CEP-Communication Ear Protection
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2011, 20:32
Paddyviking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up CEP's

Hi All
I have used CEP's now for 2 years and find them excellent for protection and radio reception
Recently tried new Bose A20 but when used with silicone noise reducers in my ear I had to turn up the radio quite a lot --- I wasn't overly impressed enough to convert helmet to the Bose system
I suggested to our company supplier that the Bose A20 and CEP combination might be worth a try but they were dismissive of that
saying they were not compatable (maybe they thought it would be too much work involved--I don't know)
Recently some of our guys have tried fitting the CEP's into the moulded
earpieces as others have discribed above but to date all feed back from the pilots who have tried them are negative
They have reverted back to the standard foam inserts supplied with the CEP's, reason being that silicone didn't provide a good enough seal in the ear
So this has put me off doing the same
I have had wires break on some of my CEP's along with a few plugs wearing to the point of intermittent comms loss which required replacing with new CEP's, but on balance I would not change them for anything else on the market today.
In our company all sorts of headsets/helmets and combinations have/are being tried and there is no one system that works for all,
Gallet hemets along with CEP's fitted are popular and Helmets fitted with Bose A20 close behind
Hope this info is useful to someone out there

PV

Flying the S92 so I need as much protection as I can get

Last edited by Paddyviking; 6th Sep 2011 at 20:42.