PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmiles Company
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2011, 20:31
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
The article by Calder is one I had missed and is spot on. I now have the matching post for BA Exec. I have annotated for those new to the world of FFMs.
=============================
We are creating a better, more rewarding Executive Club designed for the benefit of our members. The first step has been to rename BA Miles as Avios points, and make them a currency that will be easier for you to earn and spend.
We shall be reducing the benefits to our members.

These changes to the Executive Club are part of a wider endeavour to offer you an outstanding service in all aspects of your flying experience.
These changes are part of a wider endeavour to increase our profits.

This is why, over the last few months, we have set out to make enhancements and adjustments to our service. We're aiming for continuous improvement - and that means continuous investment - in new aircraft, better food, stunning lounges, technological innovations, inspirational staff training and smarter equipment.
We're aiming to now do all the things that we have previosuly said that we have been doing for the past 20 years.

We'll soon be launching a new advertising campaign which sums up our commitment to getting things right for you, our customers. So we'd like you to be one of the first to see it; you can find out where below.
We're launching a new advertising campaign that will cost us more than it should and will say all the old things.

We are excited and optimistic about the future, and can confidently say that you have a lot to look forward to. We'll be in touch again soon to tell you more.
You do believe us - don't you?

You'll be pleased to know that, amid all this excitement, we haven't forgotten about your regular range of tempting offers, and you can find them as usual at ba.com.
We are desperate to make our part of IAG profitable, so that we can get our bonus'.

Warm regards,
You do love us - don't you?
Your Executive Club Team
ps, what's the Spanish for a load of old codswallop?
=============================
I know that might seem cynical but I have seen other collecting schemes be devalued over the years and since I'm collecing for a trip to OZ in C, this could scupper the whole trip.