PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying phobias in aircrew
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2011, 18:18
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or,

You could land a job with BAE in Saudi as an IP then after a few years claim you are too stressed out to fly with Saudi students.

Do not pass GO, collect half a million quid and poke off to Australia, even though you were from Zimbabwe (and an all round sh*t by all accounts and personal experience).

True story:

On the freak out/ paranoia front. I lined up as number two. Lead made all the right signals. At the head nod, I was convinced something was not right and when he nodded for brake release I just called, 'Stop!'. No call signs or anything. He stopped after two metres, turned and looked, reflecting the raised eyebrow that hung over the Tower. Not sure to this day what made me say/do that. I think older generations called it 'collywobbles'. So I sat there for 10 secs or so before Guardian Angel implants top excuse: 'Soz mate, jacket got caught in the throttle friction.' Which is what I said.
Bit more finger waggling and head nodding and we were off.

It was like when 'someone walks over your grave' type of moment. Perfectly routine and normal yet that one, for some reason, didn't seem right, yet it clearly was.

I think all of us here will have a recollection of that horrible, nauseating feeling that something really crap is about to happen, even though all indications are normal.

Actually, that's a good idea for a new thread: 'Everything was in the Green, then....'

I don't know how to do it, so, good night.