PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All you need to Know about DGCA CPL Conversion (DOs & Donts)
Old 6th Sep 2011, 17:45
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@candy0343

Yes the Indian DGCA will issue you a single engine endorsement on your CPL even though you only have a private single engine on your FAA license .

Just make sure that you do all the necessary skill checks and take off and landings by day and night . Also dont forget the IR check .

I do hope that you are planing on getting a Multi IR endorsed on your Indian DGCA license . Because airlines like IndiGo require the Multi IR endorsed on the Indian DGCA license ( and they seem to be the only one hiring frequently )

Now about converting to a Canadian license and getting a canadian RT

I am not an expert that topic but i guess its a good idea to get one as you can avoid the hassle of passing the RT exams .
There were quite a number of topics on this forum on converting and obtaining a Canadian CPL and RT

But it will take the WPC atleast 2-3 months for them to issue you an Indian RT license after you apply for one .

So when you apply for the RT license do it in person . Make a cover letter along with the application and get a " Received " stamp on it from the office.
This will act as proof that you applied for the RT license .

You can give this letter along with your DGCA application form . But the DGCA will only issue your Indian CPL once you get the RT license in hand and submit it at the DGCA office