PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - which do you think is better?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2011, 14:22
Alber Ratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recieved your PM and will do an open reply. Do you have any recent maintenance experience, if any at all bar anything you did at college? Did you do any modules? I don't think you have by the gist of your PM. No employer will be interested in your services I fear, due to your lack of experience and training that is out of frankly of the dim and distant past. Do you have all the personal tools that is required for the industry? You need all of them before you would be allowed to start. A basic mechanics tool kit required is not just a draper adjustable spanner, you will be expected to have 12 point sockets from 3/16" to 1" and associated spanners of the sam size as a small sample of what tools you will need. Also you need current Human Factors and Fuel Tank Level 2 training that is in date and validated with certificates before any MRO will even consider you to work, even if it was as an unpaid volunteer..

My MRO has turned down ex RAF heavy aircraft experienced applicatants, with all the modules, because they do not have the necessary skill sets and type experience they are looking for. They are looking for people who can run quickly with the minimum of supervision, not guys who need watching all the time. Apprentices take enough time as it is..

Sorry to be so negative..