PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Holmes and Erebus
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2011, 22:09
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flatfootsam, that's a slam dunk mate! Absolutley correct. Lies, deception, dishonesty,corruption, spin, denial and pure evil.
As has already been mentioned, the James Reason model would have been handy a few years prior to 79, but that doesn't mean the accident would not have happenned. My 'beef' is not with those who contributed to the accident or were part of the cause, but is with those who acted in the way so accurately described by flatfootsam. Had those actions not taken place then the ongoing debate/discussion/anger and frustration that many express today, 32 years after the accident, would not be so prevelant.

Historically we live and learn from mistakes, Erebus was no different. We investigate, we learn, we make changes, we adapt and we improve. Hence no other 'Erebus' has occurred on NZ soil in that sense. You can't turn back the clock, you move in one direction only - forward.
But the grey cloud that sits over this accident and the way in which the government and business acted by joining forces and undertaking such a despicable act without proper recourse or punitive action will not ever be forgotten. How can it?