PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2011, 17:42
Air Profit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm satisfied that many of you are making a public declaration as to where you stand as to the question of Christ. Everyone makes that decision in their lives, one way or the other. Christ was mocked and tormented and, in the end, crucified by people that did not know any better (and in particular did not have 2000 years of history and learning to base an opinion on). It's a pity that many of you do not possess enough shame to at least not join their modern day equivalents. As it is, you waste your time with rather juvenile attempts to ridicule Christ and those that choose to believe He is who He says He is.

As a point of interest, I too was an atheist until my mid 20's. I decided however that there was something bothering me about the world around me and my own conscience speaking to me. From there it was a quick and easy journey to find the very God that surrounds each and every one of us with his Love. A few of you have made comments suggesting that somehow believers are 'idiots' and 'fools'. You seem to ignore the fact that throughout history many of the worlds greatest thinkers, business people and politicians have possessed a strong belief if Christ. If it was just the obvious lower educated or poor people who are looking for any relief available you would have a point. The fact that people of far grander standing than you or I (both socially and intellectually) are fervent in their beliefs suggests that maybe they have seen something about the universe around them that compels their intelligent and agile minds to conclude that some extraordinary event took place in human history, that represented our very Creator reaching down to demonstrate eternal Love for his creations. I would suggest that your pejorative comments about other people because they believe in Christ only demonstrate your own inability towards full and critical intellectual thinking. But what do I know, i'm only a 'sky fairy' believing, self-deluded fool.....