PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 777 incident at Moscow
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2011, 16:09
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Max,
You do understand those who work in MCC do not make decisions with respect the flight don't you? They are there to provide any extra information that can not be sourced from the ECAM, STATUS, QRH, FCOM or MEL. MCC is a resource that the Captain can use (if he wants to, as there is no requirement to contact them if he hasn't the time or need). I would have thought MCC would have been explained to you when you were with EK. I hope this clears it up for you.

Just as I wouldn't want a pilot swinging spanners on my aircraft when he is not trained on how to do so, I would not want an Engineer making decisions with respect the conduct of a flight, as he is not trained to do so.

You are very much entitled to your opinion with respect this incident. But you must also understand you fall in the group 2. As it would seem you have not been trained and tested in aircraft operation and its associated decision making.

I have no conclusion with respect this incident as I have not seen any full report on what actually happened. Making a decision on what you would have done after the event isn't too hard is it. But we have much more information once the event has been completed and much more time and less stress than the crew had. The outcome was successful. And it certainly adds to experiences we can all learn from. Anyone who judges the crews actions with fully knowing all the information of the event is a horses @rse ...oh wait there he left didn't he?

The Don