PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Sep 2011, 15:43
blusky75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
general feedback

Hi Folks, just my feedback...

strating from the travel,, very excellent..I ve been lucky and the Business class was free on both flights!...quality on board really excellent!! hotel fantastic... but let s talk of the assessment

we were in 6, with different experience , everybody for FO position...

we started with a presentation and a 330 cpt briefing us abou what to espect from that day and from the Company .

QUIZ: without preparation are very very difficult..JAA stuff, most of the questions about performance....i did an high score ( i saw it during the personal interview)....how i prepare: i did 1000 times all the quiz that it s possible to get around,...personally a friend of mine gave me all the material...i had to correct few questions which were not correct but u can see easily coz sometimes u find 2 times the same question with different answer!! If u have time read ACE Technical pilot int, the chapter regarding aerodynamic, performances and meteo...i read it once but enough to clean my brain from the dust!

ps: all passed the test

HR INTERVIEW: they gave us an hour for the interview.... they were 2 cpts, 1 fo and 1 from hr... they worked in 2 different rooms so basically only 2 are interviewing u.
very straightforward...BE urself ...it starts with "talk about u" then they start to ask examples ( tell me 1 hard day at job, the time u improve the moral of the crew , etcc)... just focus on ur daily life...for sure if you have been flying for years u can find something that fits perfectly....i was quite nervous even if i answered to all) ...it lasts 1 hour circa afterwards hey let u wait 5 min out of the room and then someone will come to give u an envelope....they said to me congratulations and in the envelope there was the appointment for the sim....

5 out of 6 passed,

SIM: 330 and also 320 if free..... very friendly cpts, they help u and don t press u...they tell u that u are there coz they need u and don t wanna let u fail....my first experience on Airbus....very surprised for what i did....IMORTANT.. they brief u very well and give u suggestion how to operate the sidestick..if u follow them u ll do good!!! it s very nice to fly!! and a lot of space..

take off, some turns and climb/descent.... intercept 1 radial and vector for cisual and land...2nd t.o...vector ils, some failure ( they ask u what u woul do) and vectors for ils...between 40min and 1 hour... it depends maybe on ur performance....

I hope this can help,

Be calm, relaxed, i met only very nice people, high standard and i think a nice place where to work....about the bad things that people are saying...maybe it is true, i don t know but any company ha spositive and negative things...just personal decision!! i don t know what my result will be but i m very happy for what i did and this is enough!! Good luck to everybody !!!!