PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hebe Haven Yacht Club Cats under Threat
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2011, 15:13
Bueno Hombre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hebe Haven Yacht Club Cats under Threat

For the last thirteen years there has been cat population in Hebe Haven Yacht Club.
During that time we have not seen any rats neither by day nor by night.
Recently there seems to have been one problem in thirteen years with some damage to upholstery of boat on the hardstanding, attributed to cats.

Member owning same boat seems to be pressurising club general committee to ""remove" all cats from Hebe Haven Yacht Club.

If Hebe Haven Yacht Club will destroy the resident cats, they will have a rat problem and so be forced to use rat poison in the restaurant and food storage . Some even small part of this poison will of course find its way into the restaurant food.

Many restaurants in Hong Kong have huge problem with rats and so lots of rat poison is set. Some of this rat poison ends up by one way or the other in the food that the restaurant customers eat. One observable effect of rat poison on humans and rats is deterioration of eyesight. Since I stopped eating in Hong Kong restaurants now eating only in Hebe Haven Yacht Club and at home I have noticed slow but steady improvement in my eyesight .

Don't blame staring at your display for your deteriorating eyesight. It is the warfarin!

Please write or email or phone Hebe Haven Yacht Club Commodore copied to General Committee asking them to see sense on this issue and save the cats.