PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2011, 13:18
Roger-Wilco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prubino: Ah right, that doesnt affect me, my appologies. Due to my guilt for being blunt, I have done some research for you and all the other 'foreigners' :

UK NARIC provides a service whereby qualifications from outside the UK are compared to the UK's qualification frameworks.
No other organisation offers our unique blend of products and services:
  • Services for individuals: UK NARIC is the first step for anyone planning to study or work in the UK. Every year over 70,000 people from overseas contact us to understand how their qualifications relate to those in the UK. This information is then used by individuals to help them through the UK's immigration system, applying for a job in the UK or enroll on an education course
looks expensive ....the statement you quoted earlier suggests that they WILL NOT provide a like-for-like comparison on grades achieved...but rather a like-for-like in academic level studied....i.e. A-level vs. IB vs. High-school diploma etc.... That is all you will need as BA are capable to work out what A, B, C, D or 90%, 80%, 70% means....

As a general guide, you could look at the UCAS (University entrance website) as the provide a table that compares the worlds academic standards....

LHA649: BA will recognise the IB, we can study it here in the UK as an alternative to A-levels....

I hope this helps guys....