PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2011, 03:36
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect

With respect Beemer, you've missed the point of the thread. The "bitter trolls" are serving Cathay pilots who live here in Hong Kong and see the pitfalls of the new contract on offer. To back up a bit, you seem to be looking for the difference between other cadetships and their relative merits. I think the cadet programs are all much of a muchness, so I see no reason to debate the respective courses, and neither are any of the other serving pilots here doing so. The content of the debate, issues, advice, whatever you like to call it is the lack of housing allowance when you arrive here in HK and the effect this will have on your lifestyle, now and in the future. This has a follow on effect on us as it is the "thin edge of the wedge" into our contracts. Do not underestimate the cost of living here, it is wildy expensive and you find yourself constantly getting your wallet out. I read recently inflation is running at 8%, house prices are way out of reach, even a small 500sqft place is 2 million. I am not getting into a big debate on living costs in HK, no doubt there will be someone here shortly to debunk the price of living in HK. I would advise you to do your own research into it.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Nosey