PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 22:29
water check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Skillet. Or should I say 'Man'....(how old are you...really?). Take any one of the 'other' god's (!) you quote, and then do a dispassionate examination of what Christ proclaimed. Furthermore, explain how prophets (say, Isiah 53) could describe almost faultlessly the birth, life and death of someone hundreds of years prior to that 'Man' actually arriving on earth, being born, living and dying exactly as foretold. Explain how a man with so little of worldly goods, power or length of life could be able to establish a church that overcame the very Roman Empire that crucified him, and then to underpin the very foundation of our entire Western Civilisation? If you can answer that, then I think I will give you more of a hearing. To see the sheer complexity of your own existence (the complexity of an atom, or the working of the brain) and suggest it could somehow 'just happen' is really a far greater stretch of faith than anything a Christian professes. All you can do is attempt to mock, without explaining any of the deeply profound and thought provoking facts about a man who arrived on this earth 20 centuries ago and came with a message that was just quirky enough to be something you wouldn't have thought of randomly. Regardless of how we debate, you will always have the chance to ask him yourself one day....