PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R-Day!!!
Thread: R-Day!!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 21:10
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFFP

Now picture some poor soul in ISK or the like who has planned his/her whole life around the commitment they have made to the service. They may have bought their own homes, have partners that work, kids in school and they are now redundant. To get any sort of a decent job they are probably going to have to move so will get hooped in the property market. They are out of work so how the hell are they going to get a mortgage, especially with the rules that are in place at this time.
While I won't be as harsh as some others here, (which may or may not surprise you), I somewhat agree with the basic premise. Of all the jobs out there the military is one of the ones most affected by the whims of others, (read: politicians). Thus, in a position that is so potentially fluid I don't understand why people have put down such roots. Yes, I bought a house while I was still in, but I did it in Ash Vale, fifty yards from a railway station that is 40 minutes from London on the morning train... Not somewhere about as far as you can get from "real life". To have made such a commitment to a geographic location was illogical and an impeding disaster waiting to happen and, to be honest, smacks of complacency.

Am I speaking from 50+ years of experience about people with on 30 years or so? Maybe. But I don't think the point is entirely unfounded.