PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 777 incident at Moscow
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 21:08
MATMAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If my own kids would have been on board alone , i would have no problem if Mr sheikmyarse would have been the Captain as he looks to be a responsible guy (that is not the case with wiz...).
Wiz , would you have continued this flight with your own children O/B ?
As Mr sheikmyarse said , ek has been lucky on this one...
Now Gents , please wonder yourself , why and how an aircraft type is accepted to be ER , yes wiz , EMH is called an ER but before , she was "only" an IGW and why not ER directly ? , it is not because that manufacturers are "leaving" you a "chance" or doing their best for their own products to be reliable as possible that you should "play" with the limits.
Mr Waste Management , is it a major problem "to be stuck for who-knows-how-long" ?
I would say no , as it is always better to arrive late than to never arrive ...
That is the job of the MCC , to send a team of Engineers with all the necessary parts (including an engine) and to organize things to make it fixed.
The pilots job will then be finished properly after landing the A/C safely ASAP !
If you do not want to wait too long , just send another aircraft.
But , of course , this has a cost.
Air France did it in some worse places than DME ...
As far as i can remember it was in 2006.
Please , think again about Passengers and safety.
Waouh , this airline has sent another aircraft for us to fly back !
They are not leaving us and not taking us for idiots who are just buying tickets...
Can you see the difference ?
Anyway , this did not happened in this case just to avoid some "extra costs" ... i would say , what a shame for an Airline , with a large A...