PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If the RAF ran a school..
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 20:44
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTN:

The troll is simply misinformed about Rockapes.

Here's a Rock... Link.

The gentleman himself says the following:-

Thank you very much guys for the comments, quite humbling.

What I would say is that the confidence and attitude the Regiment gave me, helped me in my studies and research, so if I hadn't joined up and met such top blokes, I wouldn't be sitting here.

I would also say that many of the less academic guys I met in the mob, were much brighter than me in many ways. I remember being in awe of some people's ability to assess a stressful situation and make the correct decision, guide me around a training area without need for a map or indeed any number of other things that probably seemed day-to-day stuff, but which are actually very difficult to do well.

Joining the RAF Regiment was the best decision I've ever made.
Link

For myself... A mere six GCE's, (I hated school... Spent most of my time in class looking out of the window watching the Falcons jumping onto Abingdon when No. 1 PTS was there... ). But having managed large computer systems for 20+ years and being able to run rings around many with Masters Degrees in Computer Science and several years of experience I'm not as impressed by academic qualifications as I used to be. I prefer to meet the person and decide from there...