PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R-Day!!!
Thread: R-Day!!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 19:59
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some very well intentioned posts in here but I do wonder if any of those "don't worry I did fine so you will be ok" posters actually realise the magnitude of the cup of cold sick that has been served up to many of our people.

Mrs SFFP took voluntary redundancy earlier this year from a very well paid post with the County Council. She was happy to go as I finish next year and wearee off to travel the globe but she went to all the local Agencies for a look see and there is nothing out there that even begins to compare with what she was on. And that's here in the Southwest where there is work.

Now picture some poor soul in ISK or the like who has planned his/her whole life around the commitment they have made to the service. They may have bought their own homes, have partners that work, kids in school and they are now redundant. To get any sort of a decent job they are probably going to have to move so will get hooped in the property market. They are out of work so how the hell are they going to get a mortgage, especially with the rules that are in place at this time.

We are also in a global financial crisis with the country going through some of the toughest times I can ever remember. This has not been handled well and some people are going to end up on the streets for sure.