PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - lifestyle and work/life balance
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 18:30
Sygyzy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FLR-Credited hours

Put simply a credited hour is the same as a flying hour. Quite why BA have 1045 and not 900 defeats me right now but no matter. 12 months at 87 hours a month.

Every time you fly you get either the flying time or the time away divided by 4 whichever is the greater, added to your roster for the current month. To even things up if your trip is a short one, which essentially isn't your fault-someone has to do them, BA add 'credit' so that things even out. This is worked out on a formula 'real time divided by 4'. (I'm pretty rusty on this but bear with me as you have the gist here).

EG. Trip to New York and back =~15 hours flying. But because the service that you're operating isn't daily but twice a week, this trip is a 5 day trip and not the usual 3 days. So rostering will give you either flying hours (15) or real time from base back to base (check in:1000 Monday-clear:0600 Friday, 92/4=23) whichever is greater. You will get 23 hours credited to your roster to make up your monthly total of (say) 87 hours. Simulator/SEP/standby all attract credited hours. (4.5 hours each IIRC)

This way you can't do 87 hours in the saddle AND two sims and an SEP all in one month. Leave attracts credit for the days you're off to add up to your monthly total too. Remember this roster is an incentive bidline system. Don't do the work and you don't get the pay-simple. The hours credit that you accrue goes towards your monthly total. Go over the top and you can 'bank' the hours and perhaps do a little less work next month or whenever you wish to withdraw from the bank and still earn full money.

Not too difficult a concept to understand so if you're having difficulty it must be because it's been poorly explained!

S

Last edited by Sygyzy; 4th Sep 2011 at 18:51.