PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article: NTSB: Emirates 777 continued flight after loud bang, messages
Old 4th Sep 2011, 11:12
CanadaKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sAx_R54

Personally, I’ve had a single medical assessment that was interpreted differently by two aviation doctors leading to two diverse assessments. I suppose if more doctors were brought in, there would be even more opinions leading to different outcomes. How can one set of ‘numbers’ lead to different interpretations in an applied science?
In the spirit of education (mine!) as a young pilot I would present various scenarios to the Captain . Invariably, the answer would be “well, that depends ….” What followed was a long discussion on what would encourage the best outcome for my contrived scenario.
Every pilot will accumulate as much information as possible before deciding on a course of action. Unfortunately, most decisions have to be made despite the lack of the information available to those reading about it! The course of action becomes a continuing re-assessment depending on the information as it becomes available. What you’re reading in these threads are the assessments of each individual based on their own experience as bits of information become known.