PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAE Systems & MRA4
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 10:26
covec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vim Fuego

That was a good post.

But surely over a 10 year period, 120 months (hence my "simplified" comment about Gantt Charts!) someone must surely to God have asked about the over-run. The chart must have gone three times around the room - a veritable "elephant-in-the-room" situation! It's there but no bu**er wants to acknowledge it.

I have some minor Project Management experience: Moral Courage to tell "The Board" what they do not want to hear is one desirable pre-requisite - in my opinion - of a Project Manager (PM) - or whoever ultimately represents the collective viewpoint of all the PMs invlolved to the Board.

Unless of course, and this is a commercial reality in the West I guess, there is a strong, strong pressure, to keep things "moving along", bringing in the cash and keeping the shareholders (& other stakeholders) happy.

If the posts are forcibly moved, then the customer pays - in more ways than one ultimately e.g. R Day!

I posted this after seeing the reactions of some of my colleagues - I felt so, so sorry for them. And angry on their behalf. As I am sure BAe employees felt too.

For me - nearly three decades served - I am happy to go.

But I would have stayed for an MRA4 post.