PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 07:52
adolf hucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think Cruise Zombie has a fair point. After a few years of relentless 800 - 900 hours/year multi-sector ops, the pleasure of flying is hard to recall. Newer guys tend to have a more positive attitude to a busy roster (mainly because they get paid per hour) but the novelty soon wears off.

When you talk to guys doing these types of roster, there is no doubt that majority are coping with their situation rather than enjoying the experience. So thanks a lot, FR et al for managing to suck the the joy out of flying with the pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap (if you manage not to get ripped off) aviation model.

Hurrah for many more years flying round in circles while not having the time to take a dump from 4 am to 5 pm. In fact, it's so much fun that I can barely wait to do it all the next day, and the next, and the next and the next.

If it's so bad, I hear you ask, why isn't everyone leaving? Well, many are (despite desparate propaganda to the contrary) and those that aren't are either still getting something (hours,command etc) or are resigned to their lot in order to live at home.

If I were not leaving Europe's leading low-class airline, the only way I could contemplate staying would be on part-time.