PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferrying Warrior UK to Australia
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 07:16
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JIB
27/09,
May i respectful disagree with the idea of going via the US? BGBW can be an eye opener on the way from the UK and the 2020nm from KOAK to PHTO can be a very long way with a fuel feed problem or cranky oil system. Ive done many a crossing that way promising the engines/engine more fuel tomorrow if they will just use less today.

I have been in and out of VABB in 20 minutes with the right agent. It is expensive however, from there to VCBI, WMPK, WSSL, WADD, YPPD, YAYE the YMMB. I went EGBJ to YSBK many years ago in a 182 and had a ball.
You make some good points, however having dealt with some of the nationalities and heard some stories about transiting through the middle east and the sub continent I think I would lose my patience, hence my suggestion of going the other day.

Though I must admit it would be a great adventure to go through the middle east and the sub continent if you didn't have to deal with all the red tape and corruption. Starting Outs comments about Vietnam typify what I'm going on about.

So far as crossing the Atlantic, I have a mate who's done it many many times in light aircraft and approached the right way its not a problem including BGBW. Granted the KOAK to PHTO leg is certainly not for the faint hearted.