PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 06:03
Air Profit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....your comment...'most everyone else do not believe in invisible pink unicorns' is quite typical of the childish anger and frustration that atheists usually demonstrate. Most people do not believe in invisible pink unicorns. However, billions of human beings since the early AD years do and shall continue to believe in a man that lived, died and rose again. A man that had no army, no money, no possessions. Two thousand years later we still speak of him and the gift he gave mankind. The entire foundation of Christianity is for each individual man to make a choice to accept Gods deep Love. All the problems of our lives and this world are due to mans rejection of said Love.

God does not compel, nor force this upon us. It is offered as the greatest gift in our existence. It came at a terrible price. It is something we cannot earn, but simply accept. One of you spoke of a relationship with God as living the life of 'cannots'.... I would counter that a life lived without a close relationship with God is one that is hollow, without meaning and eventually tragic. I would suggest that the anger inherent in most of your comments is reflective of the constant pricking of your conscience by the very God you choose to mock. Man's desire to achieve 'happiness' and 'fulfillment' are doomed to failure without God at the center. He made us to operate properly on one 'fuel' only.

There is no avoiding the eventual day of acknowledgement of God's existence. Only a brief time in eternity is spent in this life. I would suggest that the true definition of 'Hell' is an eternity separated from the very God who had his only Son die for you...to save you and reunite your soul with Him. An eternity where all that God represents is absent, and the realisation that you rejected the very power that created you and this universe will be something that is too awful to fully comprehend. Have no doubt, there is an eternal existence that will be far more profound than the brief flash of time we spend here. Every man makes a choice, whether they realise they are making one or not. God did not intend for us to avoid this subject, as it is at the core of why we are here. We did not 'just happen'.

I would encourage all those who are more inwardly curious about their existence and the universe we live in to read C S Lewis' book 'Mere Christianity'. He lays out a logical examination of mans nature and the eventual conclusion that our behaviour and the way our world is structured can only be due to God's involvement, and more importantly, Christ's necessity to have existed. For most of you posting here, I have no doubt that you would rather focus on invisible pink unicorns....but Christ died for your sake as much as he did for mine...

Last edited by Air Profit; 4th Sep 2011 at 06:53.