PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome back pollution :(
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 02:14
Iron Skillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cxorcist,

First, if you don't want a discussion, perhaps you shouldn't post: The "last word" comment you made is nonsense, unless that is because you are hoping to intimidate others into not posting so that you could have the "last word" instead? You asked me several questions, then pre-attacked me about posting a response.

About your PS, I thought this was clever of you to come back at me how I did to you before, except I think you're off base in your attempt:

#2: I stated an opinion about my perception of your knowledge, a comparison to other posts you have made, and a statement of the use of uppers/downers by the military. I did not make an argument about/against your position, much less a straw man argument.

#3: I made no great claim or draw a major conclusion. See #2 above.

#5: Well, maybe debatable, but again, see #2 above and I don't think I made a personal attack on you, just the knowledge you shared and previous (delusional) creation-related conclusions you stated, without evidence.

#21: I see no relevance, as I did not draw a any bogus link conclusion about unrelated things, did I? I don't follow you with this one.

To answer your questions, yes I have personal knowledge of these pills. Yes, I have personal knowledge of the facts of the Tarnak Farms incident and the evidence you mentioned. Yes, I have considered the other pressure involved, and I personally understand them very well. However, I also have personal knowledge of this pilot, his personality, his reputation, his ego, his attitude and his performance that night, among other times. Do you know what his nickname/callsign was? I do. I believe there were many contributing factors, as with almost all accidents, but the final hole in the Swiss cheese was this pilot. He ignored orders to "stand by" where he was perfectly safe, and 2 minutes later to "hold fire" but seconds later he chose to execute an attack "in self defense" without a positive ID of the target, which was required for obvious reasons. Fighter pilots are trained to operate (and are normally proficient at operating) under extreme pressure and take great risks to do their jobs and particularly extreme risks to avoid friendly fire incidents. Even if the pills altered his judgment, the clear regulations intended to prevent his actions remained the same, as did the orders from both his flight lead and his controlling agency. Lastly, I don't think I have been shot at, though I could have been, but I think that has more to do with maintaining the offense rather than becoming defensive. Still, I don't see what being defensive and disconcerted has to do with this Tarnak Farms incident, as the F16 guy was neither defensive nor should he have felt disconcerted by the ground troops' training exercise way down below him.

Have a nice day!

PS Seemingly balanced Wikipedia article here about this incident is interesting, but it is not exactly the whole story.

Last edited by Iron Skillet; 4th Sep 2011 at 02:44.