PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 01:56
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TD Yes, 1000 fpm is perhaps 13 knots. The importance of this value is not the velocity, but the energy involved in moving the airframe. For this, any UPDRAFT acting in a three second frame to move 200 tonnes has large energy values, as above, let's put it at 6000 fpm.

More important is the Moment arm of the Tail, it lifted the aft airframe up until the body caught up, at this point the evidence is that the NOSE was PITCHED DOWN. So the a/c is PITCHED ND, and moving UP at 1000 fpm.

Again, it is the energy, not the velocity. This preceded the Pilot's back stick, and again, he was not patient, the a/c was starting to move, and he was inputting the ss max. The FCS loaded the airframe, which was already moving, and this caused the rapid climb. We know that the NOSE was rising at a/p drop.

Keep in mind that with Tail high, a "rotation" will drop the tail very quickly, to accomodate the desired PITCH UP. This is a very emphatic rotation, similar to TAKE OFF, and at T/O Pitch can easily be 15 degrees UP. This explains the radical PU, for me. Once at this PITCH, and w/o cues, the PF hasn't the clues he needs to pin the PITCH. If the energy latent in the column was still in play, the climb becomes a very problematic maneuver.

Now I cannot divine the cues and clues, and his maneuvering has me at a loss, but if I entertain the preceding holes, I gain some perspective, relative to the initiation and maintenance of the climb, which led to the STALL.

Which is the place I have been since day one, why the UPSET?

regards, Sir