PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alertness Pill
Thread: Alertness Pill
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2011, 00:41
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skillet,

Have you taken them? I have, and I can tell you without hesitation that they alter your mental state in a much more serious way than caffeine. That is why their proper use is closely monitored by military flight surgeons. My squadron's pilots had to take them in a non-flying capacity and report back any side effects before they could be prescribed. The effects vary between individuals.

While you are correct that the aforementioned F-16 pilot was ultimately court martialled, it would be obtuse to say that these pills and poor AWACS/JSTARS control did not contribute. Have you seen and heard the tapes from this incident? I have.

Did you ever consider that there might have been considerable pressure from the Canadians to see someone held accountable for this incident? These two pilots were the squadron commander and weapons officer in their squadron. Neither position is typically filled by incompetent or inexperienced pilots. This was a "fog of war" incident where the F-16 pilots had just deployed into theater and thought they were being shot at.

Have you been shot at Skillet? I have, and it is disconcerting to say the least. I'm sure you will require the last word, so have at it...

CXorcist

PS - Nice use of #2,3,5,&21 in your above post to me... Hypocrite!