PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for help from some of you history buffs...
Old 4th Sep 2011, 00:17
MATS-TWA-PanAm-1950s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Constellation L-749 N-6001C

Hi,

This is my first post on this website.

I am trying to find out as much as possible about TWA Constellation L-749 N-6001C. Were there any differences between N-6001C and the other aircraft up to N-6020C and beyond?

I arrived in New York at 10:00 am on Thursday, 21st July 1955 on this plane, having flown from London, via Shannon, Eire (and possibly Gander, Newfoundland). On the manifest, the 'Time of Departure' was given as '13'. Does this mean that the journey commenced 13 hours earlier? The Captain was Thomas Lynch. Does anyone know anything about him? There were 59 passengers, 7 of whom were not US Citizens. There were 10 crew members.

The flight number was 963/20, which originated in Frankfurt. I am also trying to find out as much as possible about this TWA route. What were the scheduled arrival and departure times? What actually happened? Were there any problems with the flight? What were the rules and procedures for the passengers? Which New York airport was used? Which airport buildings were used by the passengers?

Does anyone know anything else that might be of interest? Photographs for example?

Thank you.

Al