PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Aristocracy:
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2002, 08:20
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amex:

Don't you think you are being a little unfair by stating that I " seem to have made up my mind ". The check captain who told the story is an educated gentleman and not prone to telling untruths or exaggerations, it is for this reason that I tend to suspect (note I said suspect) the story is true. In any case it seems to me (from the inputs here) that the answer does not lie with the French or the English. The answer lies with the Danes.

jr of dallas:

I doubt if my check captain confused a fully orchestrated project with an isolated love affair. What you say is certainly informative but it made me think you too are headed for the "ignore list".

ATC Watcher:

Your comments about the wax works and the tour guide's reference is very interesting. Lends credence to the story.
I see we agree about check captains and I'm sure there are a thousand pilots out there who would also agree. As an aside you'll be interested to know of a check captain who once said quote: " I can tell how a pilot will perform by the way that he gets into the seat " unquote. Funnily enough I tend to agree with this. By the way I am not English.

Prince of Dzun