PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Investigation into the effect of 9/11 on GA in America
Old 23rd Oct 2002, 07:39
Tygah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Investigation into the effect of 9/11 on GA in America

I am an aviation student, attending Edith Cowan University in Perth, Western Australia, and am currently working on a research project to complete my second year of my BSc (Aviation).

When I first started my research I began investigating the impact of 9/11 on Australian GA, and came away with nothing - bar the introduction of a little more paperwork for flying schools when signing on new students. I learnt that the Australian GA community has adopted the "never in Australia" attitude, and firmly believes that they are untouchable. Given the events that recently took place in Bali, I feel that the Australian GA community should be looking at the current situation of American GA, and realising that given the circumstances, we too could easily end up in the same mess.

Due to Australian GA remaining unaffected by the events of 9/11, I have turned my investigation toward American GA, and it is here that I ask for assistance with my research.

I am interested in gathering first-hand experiences of people involved in American GA, and I am certain you can understand the difficulty I am experiencing in gathering American first-hand experiences from Australia!

If you can aid my research by completing a questionnaire please email me at [email protected]

Your help would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Petrina