PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 12:01
hihi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't feel bad about the rejection. I studied long and hard and felt that i did really well in the interview but i didn't get through either. Honestly, i really do feel relieved in a weird way that i didn't get through. It's not a case of sour grapes or anything, i just feel that if i did somehow get through, that deep down i'd know i hadn't really earned my place like the other guys who have really done the hard yards to be there. I won't apply again for Cathay or any cadet scheme for that matter.

To the other hopefuls and wannabe's, think long and hard about what you are getting yourselves into. While i am sure it's not all doom and gloom, i suggest you take another look at the facts you have been presented with. The numbers in the contract aren't exactly a secret and it doesn't take much to see that you are going to be paid far less than your peers, and the forfeited allowances have an opportunity cost that runs into the millions over your career.

The cadetship is good for one thing, and that is airline interview practice. I took notes after mine and thought about what i did wrong or could have done better. This should make things easier when you get around to applying for a proper airline job.